With Groups you can manage Users' permissions to execute Jobs, work on Applications and open Folders.
Think of a Group as a container for users which you can then assign permissions to.
To create a new one, position yourself in the Groups (1) tab and click on Create Group (2):
Choose a Name (1) for your Group and, if needed, select one or more Custom Groups (2) it should inherit permissions from. Then click Confirm (3) to finalize the operation:
By default, when eLegere is installed, there are seven default System Groups with different levels of permissions:
- Application Designer: to create the Apps
- Application Management: to manage the Apps
- Connection Management: to create Connections
- Domain Admin: with all the permissions available
- Domain Viewer: to see the Apps. For it to work correctly we have to setup Applications Permissions
- Scheduler Management: to create a Scheduler
- Storage Management: with permissions to create Storages
NOTE: You can change the name of a System Group but you cannot delete it.